🍲 Vegan Quinoa Chili
Sorry for the lack of updates! I’ve been *studying*. So now I enlighten you all with a late night post about vegan quinoa which by the way tastes amazing ok ok okkK ok
- 1 package quinoa (250g), cooked according to directions
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/2 red and 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 onion
- 1 carrot
- other vegetables you might want to throw in
- 1 can of tomatoes in juice (796ml for me)
- chili seasoning mix
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper
Cut all vegetables up
Heat oil in pan, and cook onions until soft
Add all vegetables and stir
When the vegetables have been cooked for a minute, add the tomatoes and the seasoning mix
Let it simmer on medium low for 10 minutes, occasionally stirring
When vegetables are soft, add in the cooked quinoa and mix to coat
Add salt/pepper/more seasoning
I’m a body positive blog. Follow my blog for inspirational/motivational photos and foodporn + lots of recipes. :)
today’s breakfast: oatmeal topped with banana, cinnamon, chopped chocolate (70% cocoa) and some pecan nuts. and of course, coffee in my favorite mug.
Chia pudding for breakfast!
2Tbsp chia seeds
1 cup milk
1tsp coconut sugar
and mixed berries.
post-run pumpkin spice protein smoothie
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 dates
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- sprinkle nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and ginger
I’m going to faint seeing all this pumpkin spice stuff yummmmmm
Homemade Quest Bars
- 4 Scoops your vanilla protein powder (about 1/3 cup a scoop)
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter of choice (smooth, not crunchy)
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup sweetener (I used stevia, less if you like)
- 2-4 tbsp. water (if you feel you need it)
- 1/4 cup oat flour or fiber powder or even ground flaxseeds (Omit for lower carbs, best with)—> In a large bowl, combine the protein powder, oat flour (if using), nut butter and sweetener together. If using stevia / splenda, you’ll need more water than if using honey or agave.—> Scoop out the dough, shape into 5 bars and add to a sheet lined with parchment paper, refrigerate for 30-40 minutes to firm up.—> ENJOY xRenniesane / TumblrPer bar (varies with protein powder):Calories:160Fat: 8Protein: 20Carbs: 11Fiber: 5Sugar: 2Variations
- Vanilla Almond Crunch: Use almond butter, a tsp of vanilla and some chopped almonds.
- Cinnamon Roll: add 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon and 1 tsp vanilla
- Chocolate Brownie: add 2 tbsp. cocoa powder and use chocolate protein powder (not necessary)
- Lemon Cream Pie: Use sunflower butter and 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: add 1/4 - 1/3 cup chocolate chip and don’t omit oat flour
- Peanut Butter Supreme: use peanut butter.
- PB & J: Use peanut butter and 3-4 tbsp. mashed or dehydrated strawberries or 2 tbsp. jam.
- Coconut Cashew: Use cashew butter and 2-5 tbsp. coconut shreds
- Chocolate Peanut Butter: Use chocolate protein powder and peanut butter
- Mixed Berry Bliss: use 1 tbsp. of each blue- rasp- black- and strawberries, mashed or dried.
- White Chocolate Raspberry: Use 3-4 tbsp. mashed or dried raspberries or jam, and best with sunflower butter
- Strawberry Cheesecake: 2-4 tbsp. mashed or dried strawberries or jam, 2 tbsp. cream cheese.
- Banana Nut Muffin: Use 1/2 mashed banana and 2-4 tbsp. crushed nuts.
Servings: 8 servings • Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 190 • Fat: 1.5 g • Fiber: 5.6 g • Carbs: 23.1 g • Protein: 21 g
- 24 oz (1 1/2) lbs chicken breast
- 14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 15 oz can black beans
- 8 oz frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt to taste
Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top. Be sure to cook the chicken a little before hand.
Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste. Serve over rice or tortillas and your favorite toppings.
Breakfast this morning. Rice cake with peanut butter, raisins, almonds, and honey! So yummy and so good for me.
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Ice
- 1/2 Large Banana (Frozen)
Note: Added 1/2 Tsp Vanilla & 1/2 Truvia packet will make it sweeter.
Lastly: Throw everything in a blender (ice first) then enjoy!